The Symposium has three major objectives:
- Promotion of communication between researchers, designers, engineers, graduate students and manufacturers regarding state-of-the-art approaches in the field of energetic materials, including propellants (solid, liquid, hybrid, ramjets, gel), explosives, initiators/igniters, and their ingredients with applications for propulsion, demolition, mining and power generation
- Discussions of new and improved safety techniques associated with energetic material synthesis, manufacture, deployment, disposal; and
- To recommend future directions for research in the above areas
Why present ?
- ISICP is recognised for the quality of its papers, plus many attendees are leaders in their field
- Selected papers, following peer review, will subsequently be published in the International Journal of Energetic Materials & Chemical Propulsion (IJEMCP).
- Presenting a paper gives access to IJEMCP's archive for three months (after almost all 12-ISICP papers are published in the journal). Note that a one year lease to the archive is $1000 (with one year's subscription a further $1609), whilst otherwise pdf’s of ad hoc papers are~$80 each
- The registration fee for 12-ISICP is less than price to publish in most Open Access journals
- Prizes: There will be five, up to $1,000 each, for best paper & best presenter for both regular participants & students
- Overall technical scope & focus of the conference/scientific reputation (eleven previous well attended specialist meetings, over > 30 years)
- Invited speakers, covering a range of topical subjects
- It will be a fully interactive symposium, not just a Zoom meeting. Thanks to the support from PacSci EMC, the events will be produced & streamed by ProOneMedia who are experienced in international virtual events.
- Although time zones complicate such a virtual event, the symposium includes the following.....
- Three Panel sessions
- Technical papers to be available to participants the day before the presentation
- Questions able to be sent in before the presentations but with live answers & further live questions
- Scheduling of author’s live presentations during their “local daytime” (as far as is practical)
- An Event App to provide agenda updates, facilitate networking & to view papers, etc, from the symposium